Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Starting a Blog

When you start a Blog, it is important to set the tone carefully. The quality, topic, and voice of the first post is paramount! Much like the "hook" of a "5-paragraph-thesis", the first blog entry must intrigue the visitor to the site enough to warrant a return visit...

Of course, as the Blog matures, the first post will no longer be visible; thus each post must be of quality high enough to at least maintain the flow of visitors.

So I don't know why I feel so much pressure to feature something earth-shattering in my first post. What was the First Thesis nailed to the door in Wittenburg?

In fact, you can find that here.

But most of you are probably not here to discuss 16th century dogmatic shakeups, so for now, let's just have some fun! I've got some links to the blogs of my friends (my wife, Ronnie, and Grant) as well as some other stuff that's important to me. So stick around, and check back once in a while, and certainly comment on my posts! It's the only way that I know you've been here!


Hopefully, I've set the proper tone: I'm usually exceptionally verbose though rarely insightful; tangential train-of-thought departures run rampant; and nearly any topic could be discussed here on any given day.

1 Comments:

At 6/03/2005 11:37 PM, Blogger GFreak said...

And so you have discovered my lexicographical disability... I can't use a "5 cent word" when there is a vaguely correct "10 dollar word" that may be applicable. You see, when the 5c word and $10 word are juxtaposed, (thanks Dale for the correction...) the 5c word just doesn't stack up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home