Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

You've Just Been Erased

This device used to accelerate small metal plates to 4 times escape velocity, vaporizing the material that "catches" the plate 5mm later, will be used to study the interior of gas giant planets and stars.

Uh huh.

It accelerates an 850 micron-thick aluminum plate at 1010*g.

Gee, what to do with this, what to do, what to do....

See this Red Faction 2 website, click weapons in the upper right hand corner, and choose "CMRD-32 Magnetic Rail Driver" (the 8th one down). I definitely need one of these to... uh... protect my self and my property.

2 Comments:

At 6/07/2005 3:56 PM, Blogger GFreak said...

"Directed Energy" means many things to many people.

 
At 6/08/2005 7:57 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Weird. In my free time I was studying the exact same thing. Ummm... yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home