Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Baby's First Fabulous

I am certainly out of the loop when it comes to official policy regarding homosexuality in the priesthood. I learned a bit from this article ("Vatican Speaks Against Gay Seminarians"), but I laughed out loud when I read this:

[QUOTE]
Thomas Plante, a psychologist who for more than 15 years has conducted evaluations of prospective seminarians for U.S. dioceses and religious orders, said the document would have an "enormous" ripple effect on the future U.S. priesthood if it is followed.

"Sexual orientation in almost all the evaluations I've done over 15 years hasn't really mattered," he said. "Now what's coming out of the Vatican is that it matters in a big way. That's a real challenge because we think that there are many, many, many gay men who are fabulous priests."
[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

1 Comments:

At 7/06/2007 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

roflmao Maybe they'll finally revamp those totally outdated robes and go with something more stylish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home