Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Five Thousand Meters

Ron's right; it does seem bigger when it's spelled out.

5k
Five thousand meters
22:56
Twenty-two minutes and fifty-six seconds.
Not bad for not preparing in any way, running a competitive distance for the first time since November '95. That's a pace of about 7:23 per mile; way down from my high school worst (21:03), but over a half-minute lower than my pre-race e.t. goal of 24 minutes.

I'm really glad I didn't drive straight from the race up to Santa Fe for 9 innings as catcher... I probably would have died getting out of bed this morning.

In other news, I received three hundred forty dollars worth of new parts for the Cougar today. Actually, $270 + $70 shipping (!); it's expensive to ship steel. I got new front coil springs and rear leaf springs, and all associated hardware. I'll be ordering the rest of the front-end crap this week, hopefully, and the shock/sway-bar kit too. And then it's thrash time.


6"
Nine inches.
See? Works every time.

5 Comments:

At 6/14/2005 2:14 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Hurry up and tell me when you're going to switch over to dogsandcats so I can stop parking on it.

 
At 6/16/2005 8:54 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

Lemme ask you this:

I have no problem maintaining the changes to my "template", but am I gonna lose my blog entries to this point?

I should call you, mebbe around lunch?

 
At 6/16/2005 12:00 PM, Blogger GFreak said...

Sorry, Greg

HAHAHAHAHA!
Ron, you're great. Life would not be the same without you, and I really mean that in the good way!

 
At 6/16/2005 2:47 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Yeah, just give me a call. Do you have my cell?

 
At 6/16/2005 2:47 PM, Blogger Ron said...

No, you won't lose your blog content, it'll just be parked in a different place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home