Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Wish List, Rev A

Ok, I've been looking at these combo lathe/mill machines from Smithy for quite some time now, and I would still love one. Of course, I doubt that I would do enough work with one to warrant purchase, but then, I won't know how much I'll use it until I have it....

And then I saw this 50ft x 20ft x 8ft, 5 axis mill at Scaled Composites... I don't know what I'd do with it, but there's no question: I need one!

I was thinking about submitting a resume and application to either Scaled or Virgin Galactic, especially after today's news that the Scaled/Virgin-partnership has received the DDTC's approval regarding any possible ITAR restrictions. What do you think, Honey? We could live about 2 hours from Mammoth...

7 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 2:19 PM, Blogger Charlie Brown said...

How about this Ultrasonic Welder from Boeing Surplus?

 
At 8/17/2005 12:36 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

Oh, hell yeah.
I've got a shed, I could take that.
Chan, if we save your paychecks, we could buy that in about a year and then weld up your trapeze rig...

 
At 8/17/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Ron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/17/2005 1:59 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Let's try this again:

How about an infrared telescope instead?

 
At 8/17/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Greg, if you get the job, could you hook me up with a ticket? I'm a little short of the $200,000 price.

 
At 8/17/2005 10:19 PM, Blogger GFreak said...

WHEN I go into space, I will definitely be taking cameras with me, and if I'm shelling out that kind of cash I can certainly afford a bitchin' IR camera...
Greg, you know I'll let you hold my long-focal-length sensor on any moonshot I take.

 
At 8/18/2005 8:17 AM, Blogger Greg said...

You know, that just sounds dirty... which of course means I'm all for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home