Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

You're Glib

Holy crap this is funny, thanks Williams the Elder!

From Condemned by the Space Pope, we get Tom Cruise is a Sith


Someone needs to make one of him doing this to Matt Lauer too. From the transcript of his interview last week: (if you haven't heard the audio from this interview, try to find it. Hearing him say "mattmattmattmattmatt" is hilarious and disturbing at the same time.)


...

Cruise: I've never agreed with psychiatry, ever. Before I was a Scientologist I ever agreed with psychiatry. And when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in psychology.

And as far as the Brooke Shields thing, look, you got to understand, I really care about Brooke Shields. I think, here's a wonderful and talented woman. And I want to see her do well. And I know that psychiatry is a pseudo science.

Lauer: But Tom, if she said that this particular thing helped her feel better, whether it was the antidepressants or going to a counselor or psychiatrist, isn't that enough?

Cruise: Matt, you have to understand this. Here we are today, where I talk out against drugs and psychiatric abuses of electric shocking people, okay, against their will, of drugging children with them not knowing the effects of these drugs. Do you know what Aderol is? Do you know Ritalin? Do you know now that Ritalin is a street drug? Do you understand that?

Lauer: The difference is —

Cruise: No, no, Matt.

Lauer: This wasn't against her will, though.

Cruise: Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt —

Lauer: But this wasn't against her will.

Cruise: Matt, I'm asking you a question.

Lauer: I understand there's abuse of all of these things.

Cruise: No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

Lauer: Aren't there examples, and might not Brooke Shields be an example, of someone who benefited from one of those drugs?

Cruise: All it does is mask the problem, Matt. And if you understand the history of it, it masks the problem. That's what it does. That's all it does. You're not getting to the reason why. There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance.

Lauer: So, postpartum depression to you is kind of a little psychological gobbledygook —

Cruise: No. I did not say that.

Lauer: I'm just asking what you, what would you call it?

Cruise: No. No. Abso— Matt, now you're talking about two different things.

Lauer: But that's what she went on the antidepressant for.

Cruise: But what happens, the antidepressant, all it does is mask the problem. There's ways, [with] vitamins and through exercise and various things... I'm not saying that that isn't real. That's not what I'm saying. That's an alteration of what I'm saying. I'm saying that drugs aren't the answer, these drugs are very dangerous. They're mind-altering, antipsychotic drugs. And there are ways of doing it without that so that we don't end up in a brave new world. The thing that I'm saying about Brooke is that there's misinformation, okay. And she doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. She doesn't understand in the same way that you don't understand it, Matt.

...

6 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 5:00 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Yeah... good actor but nutty as a fruitcake. He is totally off his onion.

 
At 7/08/2005 9:32 AM, Blogger Ron said...

Wow, 3 food metaphors in one comment. I'm impressed.

 
At 7/08/2005 11:11 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

Ronnie, did you ever meet Greg? I think you met him once when you came and had a steak with me in the NoHo courtyard... (Greg was our upstairs neighbor).

It's unfortunate that we didn't all hang out more, you guys would have gotten along well, I think.

 
At 7/12/2005 8:30 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

That's right, Ice(pause for effect)"Man"....

 
At 7/06/2007 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude......someone could use some antipsychotic drugs, that's for sure...

 
At 4/17/2019 3:51 PM, Blogger elasraa said...

شركة تنظيف مخازن بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف مساجد بالاحساء

 

Post a Comment

<< Home