Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

In-Focus Imagery

So I promised these a couple of weeks ago.






Our payment is now about $30/month more than for the 4Runner, but we save $20/month on our insurance premium, and we've realized 50% better gas mileage (22 to 33); with regular unleaded at Chevron in NM sitting at a national-average $2.59, that's pretty nice. We had been putting about 15k/year on the Toyota since moving here; assuming gas prices stay here, that's a savings of $588/year, or $49/month. I'll take it.

I'm still not sure quite how I feel about the color; it's "Grabber Green", a somewhat rare color (according to the Official Green Focus Thread on FocusFanatics.com. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, but using the name "Grabber ____" on anything other than a '69-'71 Boss Mustang (or other muscle Ford of said era) just doesn't feel right, not just because it's the wrong era... The Focus, while sporty and fun to drive, still isn't a grossly-overpowered rear-wheel-drive sports car.


Oh, yeah, the other car in the pictures is pretty fun too. Um, anyone wanna be a sponsor for the upgrades to that one? Just $700 will get your name on stickers in one side window and the rear windscreen, and "thanks" when I get into the Reader's Rides section of Car Craft and/or Mustang & Fords.

6 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 12:18 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

That will be a significantly higher buy-in, but will hear proposals. This will be open bid, so get out your pocketbooks.

 
At 8/18/2005 8:15 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Uh... Can I just give the money?

 
At 8/19/2005 7:59 AM, Blogger Greg said...

By the way, that is a sweet ride.
Oh and I watched the video and such for Virgin Galactic... that is supremely cool. So, I have about 3 years to come up with $200,000. Hmmm, how much do you think I can get by hooking?

 
At 8/19/2005 11:52 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

You're kinda cute; $50/encounter, 3 encounters/night, 365/year... $164,250. Make it 4/night (and don't take any time off), or charge more... you're almost there!

 
At 8/19/2005 12:40 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Wow, nothing perks up your afternoon like the promise of free head.

 
At 7/06/2007 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've barely got that much, but it's well worth it baby, you've got a deal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home