Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Way Better than John Mayer

I got my own personalized copy (thanks Fun Bobby!) of Bremsstrahlung Live this week, and I've been listening to it a lot at work. As Ronnie mentioned a while back (here on July 6, in fact)), it was a simpler time, "a carefree time of unlimited potential in my life, though I had no idea at the time". Truer words have rarely been spoken of my time at 'Tech. I can definitely remember that show; both Max and Ronnie spoke to me (in the audience), and several times you can hear me ("restless native", "rabid fan") screaming between songs, and even Chan is audible at one point towards the end. I miss those times.

Anyway, I wondered if I could find something in cyberspace about Bremsstrahlung, perhaps a picture or something that someone posted, but alas "bremsstrahlung ron dollete" returned a rare null set from Google. Searching "ron dollete" of course returned hundreds of matches, tens of which were "real", but one (a hit from the Caltech Music Lab!) that led me to www.brigitteroth.net, and, most interestingly, www.jiwarecords.com. Apparantley Brigitte has released a CD, and, if Track 2 ("I am an Artist", available for MP3 download from her site) is any indication, she makes a decent folk singer.

5 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 1:49 PM, Blogger Ron said...

I describe the Bremsstrahlung Live set as an adventure, in that you hear the evening from the band's point of view. It's all recorded, complete with arguments with Christian and me berating poor Danson in the DJ booth.

I still lament the fact that I slaughtered Sexy Sadie.

 
At 8/30/2005 8:43 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

Highlights of Sexy Sadie (aka Track 6):

1) During the opening, Ron questions his misogynism;
2) Still during the opening, Max and Ron both hit on (shirtless) Kalenik, who, to deflect the attention, begins hammering the black-and-whites to start Sexy Sadie;
3) Ron nails the 3rd falsetto excursion, ("good efforts" on the first two) and on the 4th try starts out very strong, then quickly degrades, culminating in "Oh God that SUCKED!"

Other highlights from the Live album include Max saying a few times "We're not very good but..." and Max and Ron continuously pointing out that Ben is sexy.

By the way, in my music library, Bremstrahlung falls between Bounty Killer and the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Hey, it makes me smile.

 
At 8/30/2005 11:50 AM, Blogger Ron said...

A certain rock star Nick can be here on myspace.

 
At 8/30/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger GFreak said...

Yeah I saw that.

I wanna know what "music producer" means...

 
At 9/01/2005 11:44 AM, Blogger Ron said...

Probably one who, uh, I don't know "produces music".

I suppose, though, that by that definition, I'm a nothing producer.

http://www.myspace.com/sunsetroom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home