Mass Hysteria

This is a place for me to post my rage at socio-politico-economico idiocracy. That and keep in touch with my friends. And also I don't wanna be the last of my friends with a blog.

Friday, January 27, 2006

*Shudder*

There are very few living things that I fear, and I believe those fears are mostly legitimate. I don't have an irrational fear of spiders, even though an arachnid did send me to the emergency room back in May of 1998.

But scorpions just plain freak me out. And this story makes my skin absolutely crawl. While I was on Maui cleaning out the side yard and working on cars that most people would consider "scrap", I found two scorpion corpses and saw two live ones scampering. I killed one and smashed the area that the other one squeezed into. The next day, Mom was stung on her right hand while clearing some palm brush from the back corner of the property (Dad found it and killed it).

Scorpions I can do without.

3 Comments:

At 2/01/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Greg said...

yes, scorpions are evil and I'll destroy them on site. I lived with a HUGE number of them in Texas... it was a daily problem. The only good scorpions are the ones that sing Rock You Like a Hurricane

 
At 2/02/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger GFreak said...

These guys rock. (Check out their playlist). They used to play once a month at one of the clubs downtown ("The Library") but they haven't been back since the Merry Metalhead Christmas party in Dec and they're not on the schedule.

 
At 7/06/2007 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things that freaks me out is that you practically have to smash them with a sledge to inflict any damage. And they say only cockroaches would survive nuclear disaster.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home